Saturday, December 09, 2006

Blogging identities

Thanks so much for your quotes from James Paul Gee's book What Video Games Have to Teach Us About Learning and Literacy in your "Educational Blogging: A Writer's Place" paper because they are intriguing for the work that Michael and I are doing on creating online identities, competent participants, and projecting oneself into a specific community. I will have to get that book and read what Gee has to say. I'll come back to this when I know more.

By the way, I think there are two different ways to understand the word "remediation." In composition work from the 1980's - such as Mike Rose's Lives on the Boundary -- remediation referred to remedy and remedial, as in courses for basic writing. Now, we use "remediation" to refer to moving from one medium to another - from, say, a book to a movie to a TV series.

3 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Lisa Ede said...

Hi April,
I'd like to post to your blog, and not just comment--but I don't know how. Obviously there's a way since others have done this.

Can you tell me?

LIsa

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Michael Faris said...

Lisa,

April has to send you an invite to join the blog - and then you can post to it like you would to "The Writing Way."

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Lisa Ede said...

Thanks, Michael. April sent me the invitation--she'd sent one before but I must have accidentally deleted. So now I can post! Now all I need to do is to think of something interesting to say......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home